Process time for EB1-EA (Green Card) when you're on a O1 visa.

Asked over 1 year ago - Venice, CA

I have just changed to a O1 visa and I'm now looking to apply for a EB1-EA. Are there any kind of regulation/recomendation that I should wait a certain time before I apply? And secondly, what is the normal processing time for EB1-EA when your on a O visa (as I already have all the necessary paperwork in order)?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Just Had an EB-1 approved on an O-1 within less than a week, filed Premium Processing with the NSC.

If an otherwise approvable case prepared by a competent and experienced attorney, no need to wait.

As a precaution, I first filed the extension application of the client's existing O-1, got its approval from the CSC (of all places..!) within 4-5 days from receipt - filed regular, no PP!

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . There is no way to predict with certainty how long things will take.

I can say that having an immigration attorney do the papers greatly increases your chances of speedy processing.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Depends on how the I-140 is filed.

You really need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

3

Answered . How was the I140 filed? Hire an attorney