Procedure in WA state to finalize divorce proceeding, possible default

Asked over 6 years ago - Lakewood, WA

divorce! my husband filed divorce 7 months ago and i didnt reply for anything, but until now our divorce is not finalized yet coz his lawyer said that my husband hold the divorce so that it wont be finalized. what should i do so that our divorce will finalized????thanks!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you did not reply, as far as the court is concerned, that means you do not care about what happens in the dissolution of marriage proceeding. As long as the petitioner (your husband) is complying with the requirements of the court, the court will not force him to finalize the proceeding yet.

    If you want to force your soon-to-be-former husband, you may have to appear in the proceeding so that you can ask the court to move the case along.

    Unless you agree with everything that your husband asked for in his petition, it may not be a good idea for you not to have answered.

    You may want to review your facts and options with an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,693 answers this week

2,442 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,693 answers this week

2,442 attorneys answering