Procedure for getting a visitors visa for mother in law to lives in mexico

Asked over 6 years ago - Kirkland, WA

I am a citizen of the US and i want to know how can i get a visiting visa for my mother in law who is in mexico to come and visit our family?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Karol Dezwager Brown

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . A visitor visa is available to enter the United States as a tourist. This application is made with the US consulate or embassy in Mexico. You can find a list of locations at You can also read more information about how to get an appointment at the Mexican embassy, and the details about applying for a visitor visa, at the embassy website at

    Your mother in law will be required to prove that she does not intend to stay permanently in the United States, which is known as "non immigrant intent." She can show this by demonstrating that she has a job, family, home, social and other ties to Mexico.

    If you would like legal assistance in helping your mother apply for a visitor visa, or if you are considering having her apply for permanent residency in the United States, please contact us at 206-624-8410.

    Good luck!

    Karol Brown
    Immigration Attorney
    Global Law Partners LLP
    216 First Avenue South, Suite 470
    Seattle, WA 98104
    (206) 624-8410 English
    (206) 624-8402 espanol
    (866) 897-8543 fax

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,004 answers this week

2,456 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,004 answers this week

2,456 attorneys answering