Procedure for applying for a second PERM with the same company after first PERM denial and after appeal to BALCA

Asked about 1 year ago - Charlotte, NC

Hi, My company has applied for a PERM and because of a minor mismatch in the documentation it has been denied last month. My case has been appealed to BALCA, so that it can be maintained in "pending" status, making me eligible for a 7th year H1 extention. I am hoping to get a 7th year extention soon, and after that I would want my company to withdraw the first PERM and file a new PERM for me. That being the situation, I have the following questions.
1. How difficult is withdrawing a PERM that is in BALCA administrative queue. How long does the process of withdrawal take. I have heard that once the case is docketted, its difficult to withdraw.
2. Can be employer work on the recruitment effort while the withdrawal process is happening, or does he have to wait until the withdrawal is complete

1. J Charles Ferrari

8

Answered . Step 1: the company hires an experienced immigration attorney.
    Step 2: see step 1

2. F. J. Capriotti III

7

Answered . 1. It's difficult, but not impossible. What does the company's immigration lawyer have to say?

2. Yes, to some extent. What does the company's immigration lawyer have to say?

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

7

Answered . My colleagues are correct.