Problem with ebay/paypal, got 200$ stolen, need help.

New York, NY |
Filed under: Business

Hello,
I sold a Amazon giftcard with value of 200$ on ebay, and the buyer payed me over paypal, after i send him his giftcard code over email and he redeemed it, he reported me to paypal for an unauthorized transaction, but i checked the giftcard, it was already redeemed, also contacted paypal with proof of order several times who then say that they cant do anything about it at the moment, so i wanted to ask you if it is possible to get my 200$ back that were taken off from my paypal after the dispute, and also what can i write paypal about this problem? are there maybe any laws or so that i can send to paypal to get all my money back? What would you say?

Thanks.

1. PayPal has its own dispute resolution procedure, which you should use to address this.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Business topics