Problem with a low impact claim

Rockingham, NC |

I was rear ended by a lady at our local walmart. Her insurance company has paid for the damages....but the adjuster for the medical bill refuses to pay. Her first reason was the damage estimate by the police office. I called his captain and he said that it was standard. Later their adjuster determined over 400.00 dollars more in damages than the police report. I called the adjuster and she still refused to pay. She was very arrogant from the beginning...stating that she did not think that i should have even gone to the hospital. Can anything be done about it. I have contacted her immediate supervisor, and she said that she would speak with her; but it seems like everything is still the same. Who can I call? Is there anyone in government that would listen to me?

1. this is not a government problem and there is no one in the government that will help you. call a reputable lawyer in your area. word of mouth is the best source. also the NC trial lawyers association and the local bar association will have a list. lawyers generally work on contingencies. rude and unreasonable adjusters are not uncommon. denial of claims involving accidents where the property damage is minimal is fairly common. low impact collisions do in fact cause injuries - i have seen it for over 36 years in practice of law. good luck.

2. Low impact, parking lot cases are tough cases in any state. If there is one visit to the hospital, and you have no continuing problem that requires medical treatment as a result of the wreck, it's very unlikely you will find a lawyer to take the case. On the other hand, I have seen cases where a person has had serious injuries from a relatively minor impact. Every lawyer who has handled personal injury cases for any length of time has seen a case or two like that. But they are rare. See how you do. More than likely you won't need anymore medical care. If you do, however, find a personal injury specialist who offers free consultation. Take all your med records to the lawyer and get an opinion. Good luck!

Disclaimer - the information provided on our website or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation.

3. Unfortunately, typical reaction by an insurance company. Most people learn the sad reality of insurance games only after they go through a situation such as this.

4. I hope that everyone reads this. Whenever anyone gets into a car accident, if they try to settle their claim without a lawyer, they will either get #1 no money or #2 a nuisance settlement. Search Avvo for a personal injury lawyer in your city and get the compensation that you are entitled to.

Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. I hope that everyone reads this. Whenever anyone gets into a car accident, if they try to settle their claim without a lawyer, they will either get #1 no money or #2 a nuisance settlement. Search Avvo for a personal injury lawyer in your city and get the compensation that you are entitled to.

6. P.S. Make sure that you search Avvo for a personal injury lawyer in your city to protect your rights.

7. P.S. Make sure that you search Avvo for a personal injury lawyer in your city to protect your rights.

8. Unfortunately, if the adjuster sticks to his/her guns on the denial of payment for your medical expenses, you are left with only 2 options:
    1) Walk away and eat the cost of the medical treatment, or
    2) File a lawsuit against the driver and go to court to prove that you were injured and that the treatment you received was reasonable and necessary, and therefore the defendant driver (and his/her insurance carrier) are responsible for the judgment.
    My office is in Raleigh NC, but I have litigated cases in Rockingham. It is a conservative venue, and others have stated, low impact parking lot cases are a tough sale to a jury. That said, they are winnable under the right facts....with good medical testimony and good representation. If you don't find a Rockingham attorney on avvo.com, give me a call and I can point you in the direction of some good attorneys in the area. Will Owens