Skip to main content

Probation warrant

Augusta, GA |

i have a probation violation warrant in richmond county, ga. It is for failure to go to see my probation officer and also for not finishing my community service. I got probation for a traffic violation, I am attend college and just forgot to go to my probabtion officer. can i get out of this without going to jail and having finger printed and having a bond?

Attorney Answers 2


Possibly. Someone, preferably a lawyer, needs to talk to your probation officer and see what can be worked out to resolve the issue. I recommend hiring someone local who is familiar with the court you're in.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Mark as helpful


I agree with the previous lawyer, hiring a local attorney who has relationships with the players is key. I would also advise that you complete the community service ASAP, better to do community service than jail.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics