Probation warrant, immigration hold?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Miami, FL

My boyfriend has a 3 year probation for a felony which he has served 2 years of. He got arrested on mistaminiour case and violated privation. A privation warrant was issued and an immigration hold. He's married to a us citizen and was recently separated but his paper had been already approved. What could happen after he sees the probation judge and they let him go??? Please advise me.. thank you

1. C. C. Abbott

Answered . If his probation is reinstated, he still will face the ICE hold and ICE will have the ability to transfer him to Krome.

2. Eugene J. Glicksman

Answered . Your boyfriend has some difficult times ahead of him. The information you supplied, while insufficient for any meaningful analysis, says enough that the best anyone could say to you is that he needs to see an experienced immigration lawyer as soon as possible. With a detainer lodged against him, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers may be waiting to pick him up as soon as he's finished with the probation judge.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Your friend needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly. His conviction probably renders him deportable. Whether he has any defenses against deportation depends on the facts.

4. Javier G Pineda

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.