Probation violation sentencing

Asked over 1 year ago - California City, CA

If I'm on formal probation for carying a loaded fire arm..how much time will I get for pc29800 probation matter only I know what will happen in trial how much time would I do for violating

1. Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

7

1

Answered . The court could impose any sentence which was pronounced when you were sentenced on the carrying charge but which was suspended (hung over your head) in return for a grant of probation. If the court did not pronounce a sentence the court will conduct a sentencing hearing. The court could also reinstate probation but modify it to give you custody time or add some conditions to your present probation. Before you are sentenced on a probation violation you are entitled to have a court hearing to determine whether there was a violation in the first place, and if so, what the penalty should be. So you will have some interaction with this process.

2. Michael Douglas Shafer

4

Answered . Your original sentence could be imposed, your probation could be revoked, or your probation could be revoked and re-instated with new terms.

3. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

2

Answered . Ms Gutekunst and Mr. Shafer have given you good advice on what might happen. A big determinant might be the cause of the violation. PC 29800 can be for firearms or drugs and ( especially given the nature of your original case) you'd be better off if the violation was drug related.