Skip to main content

Probation violation in texas

Muskogee, OK |

I have a friend who was convicted of possession of cds and child endangerment in 2003. He was placed on 4 yrs probation, he reported for one year but couldn't kick the drug habit. He was offered a job out of state and prob officer told him no. He decided to get out of the drug scene and took the job. Since then he has moved back to Oklahoma and has a good job, hasn't done any drugs or gotten into any trouble. He is assuming he has either a bench warrant or arrest warrant, doesn't know. Is there statute and limitations to this? Is he safe as long as he don't go back to the great state of Texas? Will tex extradite? What is the best way to handle? By the way, his probation was transfered to oklahoma, so is he fugitive even though he is in the state he reported to.

Attorney Answers 1


Most states will extradite on felony charges especially when it is the next state. If the DA filed a motion to revoke probation before the expiration of the probation then it stops the time on the statute of limitations. Look on the Internet for the court clerk of the jurisdiction the case is in. A lot of courts are now online and you can see if the motion or application was filed and whether there was a warrant issued.

Also, a local attorney can be hired to go look.

Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon without a full consultation with an attorney that can fully look at issues involved.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics