Probation violation hearing at cook county for dirty drop

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I'm curious what usually happens at court for hearing on a dirty drop...its first dirty drop and alilttle nervous...wht usually occurs at court... what are possible consequences?

1. Vijay Ratan Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . Although it all can depend on the charge, the judge will ask you why you dropped dirty, and then at that point the judge can even take you into custody.

Probation is a deal that you make with the judge where the judge has control over you but you don't go to jail. Dirty drops violate your end of the bargain.

If it goes to hearing, you have a problem since you have already plead guilty on the charge, so you're only talking about punishment.

What you need to do right now, if you are serious about the case, his contact a lawyer right away. Make sure they have done violation hearings before since it is a much different animal than a regular case.

Your main disadvantage is that do not have the same constitutional rights as you do in a normal case.

The worst case scenario is the judge will resentence you to the maximum sentence for your crime. I'm not going to guess time since you didn't mention the crime.

Do not treat this like a roulette wheel, you will lose and the house well win. If you walk in with a lawyer you at least have a shot. Walking in without a lawyer on a case this serious only goes to show the judge that you are not serious about this violation. Don't do that to yourself.

Thanks,

Vijay R. Sharma, President,
    The Law Office of Vijay R. Sharma,
    8820 Skokie Blvd., Suite 252,
    Skokie, IL 60077
    C: (847) 337-2716
    Fax: (847) 332-0378
    Visit http://VRSLegal.com for our services,
    Sent while mobile from my iPhone

Thanks,

Vijay R. Sharma, President,
    The Law Office of Vijay R. Sharma,
    8820 Skokie Blvd., Suite 252,
    Skokie, IL 60077
    C: (847) 337-2716
    Fax: (847) 332-0378
    Sent while mobile from my iPhone

2. Daniel G. Galivan

3

Answered . You should retain an attorney because they could revoke your probation and the court can re-sentence you to any sentence that was available under the law for the original charge. Also be advised that the court might set bond on the violation when you appear in court. www.galivanlaw.net

3. Melissa I. Smejkal

3

Answered . The State is going to ask that a bond be set and then you will be taken into custody. What happens next depends on the Judge and what your original charge was. Where and when do you have court?
    312.968.2479
    cookcountynotguilty.com