Skip to main content

Probation violation did ten days in jail, but now the probation officer wants to give him his full yr sentence in prison if his

Sidney, OH |

probation fines are paid how likely is it to happen // please help me

Attorney Answers 3


It's difficult to answer your question as it is unknown what the original offense is for, whether this is the first violation and what his criminal record is.

Mark as helpful


What is the original offense? What is the violation of his probation?

Mark as helpful


If the Probation Officer wants to give him a full year--what was the extent of the prior offense--how many substance-related arrests does he have, how many accidents, injuries, etc--what is his Police Record like--and how eggregious was this offense? Your question provides no information on which to base an answer. Good Luck--

The answers to questions provided in response to the request for assistance are general in nature, and reflect information which is primarily based upon general legal principals, and may additionally reflect Ohio principles of legal practice, as this is the primary location of this Attorney's practice. As with any legal advice, the advise is general in character, and should not be put into practice without specifically consulting your local counsel, who will possess far more insight into the applicable standards and laws of your specific State, your case's specific issues and the local Rules of Court and practices of the specific jurisdiction your legal action is governed by. You are specifically instructed : Do not proceed without first discussing this matter with your own local Attorney. Provision of the answers to general questions does not constitute an act of representation, and the Attorney shall not be deemed to accept employment based upon the responses contained herein. The reader is advised that they utilize the general suggestions contained in the responses at their own risk, and under no circumstances should they disregard the advise of their present local legal counsel based upon any suggestions or opinions contained herein. Also, the bast method to discuss a case with an attorney is to do so directly, by scheduling a formal consultation in their office, bringing with you at the time of the meeting all of your relevant paperwork, including any contratcs, any Orders from Court, decrees, complaints, pleadings, etc., and any other relevant information for the attorney to review. General information via the internet is no substitute for an actual meeting with an attorney.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics