Probation Violation

Philadelphia, PA |

I was told I have violated my probation, because I have not been able to attend school regularly. I am homeless, and don't live close by to my school. I have not been able to find a place to live for months now. Will I go to prison? Please help.

You should contact the public attorney and have them represent you. It sounds like there is an explanation and the judge should be understandable.

How can I contact a public attorney? Are they free?

Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

There is no cost to you. The phone number is 215-568-3190.

Thank you very much. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

As usual I am in agreement with Attorney Keller. You need to be in contact with the Public Defender's Office in Philadelphia County to receive the legal representation that you obviously need. Good luck.

I too agree with Mr. Keller. Contact the public defender's office. If it is a requirement of your probation that you attend school regularly then you may be in violation of your probation, but if what you are saying is true then you should be able to have an attorney speak with your p.o. and make the necessary arrangements or changes to your probation.