Probation Revocation

Oconto, WI |

Does you PO need actual proof that you violated your probation or can she revoke you solely on the assumption that you violated your probation because someone else gave a statement saying you did?

1. I would direct you to the other copy of the question, located here: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/probation-revocation-1169860.html

2. See my answers to your previous post.

A statement by someone is not an assumption, it is evidence sufficient for your PO to keep you locked up in jail pending a revocation hearing. That the statement is a lie doesn't change this. Even a retraction would not change this.

Get a lawyer to help with the revocation hearing. Now.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

3. Another witnesses eyewitness statement is "actual proof". If another didn't actually see the event, there might be proof problems at the final revocation hearing. A good lawyer ill assess the agent's case and advise a client as to its strengths and weaknesses. Good Luck.