Probation drug test results

Asked about 3 years ago - Grand Rapids, MI

I tested dirty for weed at my probation appointment. I was told the test would be sent to a lab for further testing. It has been over a week and I have not heard anything from the PO or received any notice to appear in court. I am hopeful the results are negative, but would like to know one way or the other. Is the PO required to provide the results to me if I call them?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel P. Hilf

    Contributor Level 15
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Although the probation officer is not required to provide the results, you will usually find out based upon whether or not your probation is violated. If you are charged with probation violation you have a right to a contested hearing, at which your attorney can question the probation officer about the test results.

  2. Jules N. Fiani

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . There is no law that requires the PO to provide the results.

  3. Loren M. Dickstein


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Although there may be no "law" that forces the probation officer to give you the lab results, I've never heard of a situation where the probation officer refuses to do so. If you call the probation officer, he or she will likely let you know. The lab can take several weeks to provide the results by the way. If you get a notice of Violation of Probation (VOP), you will have a fairly good idea that the results were not good unfortunately. Best of luck!

    I encourage you to use to find a 10.0 rated criminal defense lawyer. Most retained criminal defense attorneys will offer you a free telephone consultation. Feel free to consult with an attorney in any part of Michigan as it is not uncommon for criminal defense lawyers to travel throughout the state.

    Mr. Loren Dickstein, Esq.
    3000 Town Center, Ste. 1310
    Southfield, MI 48075
    (248) 263-6800
    Fax: (248) 357-1371
    AV Rated (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell

    Click on the picture to see the profile of the lawyer answering your question. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,745 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,745 answers this week

2,846 attorneys answering