Probation drug test results

Grand Rapids, MI |

I tested dirty for weed at my probation appointment. I was told the test would be sent to a lab for further testing. It has been over a week and I have not heard anything from the PO or received any notice to appear in court. I am hopeful the results are negative, but would like to know one way or the other. Is the PO required to provide the results to me if I call them?

Although the probation officer is not required to provide the results, you will usually find out based upon whether or not your probation is violated. If you are charged with probation violation you have a right to a contested hearing, at which your attorney can question the probation officer about the test results.

There is no law that requires the PO to provide the results.

Although there may be no "law" that forces the probation officer to give you the lab results, I've never heard of a situation where the probation officer refuses to do so. If you call the probation officer, he or she will likely let you know. The lab can take several weeks to provide the results by the way. If you get a notice of Violation of Probation (VOP), you will have a fairly good idea that the results were not good unfortunately. Best of luck!

I encourage you to use www.avvo.com to find a 10.0 rated criminal defense lawyer. Most retained criminal defense attorneys will offer you a free telephone consultation. Feel free to consult with an attorney in any part of Michigan as it is not uncommon for criminal defense lawyers to travel throughout the state.

Mr. Loren Dickstein, Esq.
LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C.
3000 Town Center, Ste. 1310
Southfield, MI 48075
(248) 263-6800
Fax: (248) 357-1371
ldickstein@sbcglobal.net
www.notafraidtowin.com
AV Rated (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell
Blog: http://www.notafraidtowin.com/blog.html

Click on the picture to see the profile of the lawyer answering your question. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.