Probation absconder consequences

Fort Worth, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

i violated probation and absconded

After absconding, your probation officer will file a violoation report with the court that convicted you and report all alleged violations. If you are on Deferred Adjudication probation, a Motion to Adjudicate will be filed. After a hearing, you can be reinstated on your deferred adjudication or be adjudicated and sent to county jail if your offense is a misdemeanor or to prison if your offense is felony; you can be sentenced to confinement up to the maximum sentence for your offense. If you are on regular probation, your probation can be revoked and you can be sentenced to county jail if your offense is a misdemeanor or prison if your offense is a felony up to the year or years you were placed on probation. It is important for you to call an attorney on this matter. Good luck. I hope you are continued on probation. M. Irene Wilson

Chances are very high that unless you have a great explanation (such as I was addicted to drugs but I went to rehab on my own & I am better & ready to face consequences), then you will be revoked. To make your chances of reinstatement or minimal consequences, you should hire a lawyer to represent you and turn yourself in. It truly is better if they do not arrest you but you come in on your own. The lawyer will be ready as soon as you get there rather than trying to catch up after you get arrested. The punishment depends on what you were charged with and the level of offense.