Probate Status Report question

Asked almost 4 years ago - Seattle, WA

Do I need to go to the probate court review hearing if I file a Status Report?
I need to keep the probate open after the one year review date.
Can I go ahead and file the Receipt & Waiver by Heir or Beneficiary form now?

Thanks

1. Answered . Why do you need to keep the probate open?

2. Answered . If the court has issued an order telling you to show up for a review hearing and you don't go, the probate could be dismissed without being closed, and that could be a huge problem. If you file a status report, you still need to show up in case the court has any questions for you.

You can file the receipt and waiver forms at any time. You state that you "need" to keep the probate open, but you don't say why, so it's tough to comment on that part.

Hope this helps anyway. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.
  3. Answered . As mentioned, without all the relevant facts, it is hard to give you advice here. What is your point or need in keeping it open? Is there still an outstanding issue or asset?

Contact your local bar association for referral to an attorney who specializes in this. Often, but not always, the attorney will do an initial consultation free of charge. You will then be in a better position to determine what to do next. Best of luck to you!