Probate/Child Support

Asked almost 3 years ago - Columbus, OH

I have a bizzare case. I was in the middle of a child support case Pro Se about to expose the father 4 hideing 1.4 million dollars unreported buisness income. In the process of receiving all bank account info, through subpoenas, the father had passed away 2 days b4 trial. It has been continued because i fought to present all evidence recovered to prove fraudulent income to cover all expenseses etc. and false reports to CSEA. Now this has turned into a probate case and I can Not proceed Pro Se with no experience in Probate. I only have Paralegal experience. My question is how do I finish this case when final trial is January 25th and seek Probate attorney at the same time. Can the Probate attorney help resolve both issues? P.S. It is a Intestate issue also.
Signed ...very confused

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Todd Bruce Kotler

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Get a Probate Attorney now!!

    It is likely the Support Case can be transfered or merged into the Probate Case so you child can claim against his statutory share of the deceased's estate (provided the child was not named in the will)

    Did the executor contact you? When did the deceased pass away? Have you filed a claim against the estate?

    This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be... more
  2. Ryan Anton Jacobsen


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Why not hire two attorneys, each specialized in their field? If an attorney charges an hourly rate, paying a probate attorney to do both will take the probate attorney, for example, 30 hours to work both cases. If you have the probate attorney do the probate portion, he will take 6 hours, and your litigation attorney can handle the other part of the matter in less time than a probate attorney could have.

    I would definitely speak with a probate attorney and there is a chance he has experience in civil litigation. But find someone you trust, because most attorneys will say that they can do it.

    I hope this helps answer your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,758 answers this week

3,080 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,758 answers this week

3,080 attorneys answering