Probate: Can I contest a administrator and petition the court to take over a estate if the admin. is not doing his job?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Estate caught on fire and admin./heir received a loan against property

1. Charles Adam Shultz

12

1

Answered . If the administrator is causing harm by breaching the duty to protect the estate and engaging in self-dealing, if you have an interest in the estate, you absolutely can seek the administrator's removal and seek to surcharge the administrator for the administrator's wrongful conduct.

Get an attorney quickly.

2. Craig Martin Scalise

9

Answered . Appears to be a duplicate question - previously answered.

3. Gregory Paul Benton

8

Answered . Yes you can if you are a potential heir/beneficiary of the estate. You need to contact an attorney as this is difficult to accomplish by yourself.