Probate: Can I contest a administrator and petition the court to take over a estate if the admin. is not doing his job?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

Estate caught on fire and admin./heir received a loan against property

1. 12

1

Answered . If the administrator is causing harm by breaching the duty to protect the estate and engaging in self-dealing, if you have an interest in the estate, you absolutely can seek the administrator's removal and seek to surcharge the administrator for the administrator's wrongful conduct.

Get an attorney quickly.

2. 9

Answered . Appears to be a duplicate question - previously answered.

3. 8

Answered . Yes you can if you are a potential heir/beneficiary of the estate. You need to contact an attorney as this is difficult to accomplish by yourself.