Probate: Can I contest a administrator and petition the court to take over a estate if the admin. is not doing his job?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

Estate caught on fire and admin./heir received a loan against property

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 12

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If the administrator is causing harm by breaching the duty to protect the estate and engaging in self-dealing, if you have an interest in the estate, you absolutely can seek the administrator's removal and seek to surcharge the administrator for the administrator's wrongful conduct.

    Get an attorney quickly.

    The general advice above does not constitute an attorney-client relationship: you haven't hired me or my firm or... more
  2. 9

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Appears to be a duplicate question - previously answered.

    Mr.Scalise offers a FREE consultation; he may be reached at 805-244-6850 or by email ( more
  3. 8

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes you can if you are a potential heir/beneficiary of the estate. You need to contact an attorney as this is difficult to accomplish by yourself.

Related Topics

Wills and estates

Understanding wills and estates can help you create a legally binding plan to protect your assets and final wishes, as well as reduce taxes on your estate.

Estate planning

Estate planning refers to the process in which you decide and document what happens to your assets after you die, by making things like wills or trusts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,502 answers this week

3,705 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,502 answers this week

3,705 attorneys answering