Pro bono lawyer in New Haven County, Connecticut?

Asked over 4 years ago - New Haven, CT

How can I get a list of lawyers willing to do pro bono work for family law? I need child support modification and have little money for representation.

I should add that I currently live in Florida. That creates a problem because many legal services will not assist those who live out of state, and legal services in Florida cannot handle cases outside of their county.

1. Eileen R Becker

Answered . You should contact Statewide Legal Services toll-free at: 1-800-453-3320. Hopefully they can either help you or refer you to someone who can. Good luck to you.

2. Wendy S Thomson

Answered . Go to my website www.thomsonlawct.com and click on the Links tab. Scroll to the bottom of the Links page and you will find links to legal aid agencies in Connecticut.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Call your local bar association.

Perhaps the court has a self-help desk that can assist you some.

These kinds of family law concerns are not the usual pro bono assignments, though.

Perhaps you can hire a lawyer that will be willing to allow you to pay a little now and pay off legal services over time.

4. Joseph A Blaszkow

Answered . In many jurisdictions, the Clerk of the Court will have a list of local clinics, and organizations that provide pro bono assistance. Good luck with that.