Pro bono lawyer in New Haven County, Connecticut?

Asked almost 5 years ago - New Haven, CT

How can I get a list of lawyers willing to do pro bono work for family law? I need child support modification and have little money for representation.

Additional information

I should add that I currently live in Florida. That creates a problem because many legal services will not assist those who live out of state, and legal services in Florida cannot handle cases outside of their county.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Eileen R Becker

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . You should contact Statewide Legal Services toll-free at: 1-800-453-3320. Hopefully they can either help you or refer you to someone who can. Good luck to you.

  2. Wendy S Thomson

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Go to my website and click on the Links tab. Scroll to the bottom of the Links page and you will find links to legal aid agencies in Connecticut.

  3. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Call your local bar association.

    Perhaps the court has a self-help desk that can assist you some.

    These kinds of family law concerns are not the usual pro bono assignments, though.

    Perhaps you can hire a lawyer that will be willing to allow you to pay a little now and pay off legal services over time.

  4. Joseph A Blaszkow

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . In many jurisdictions, the Clerk of the Court will have a list of local clinics, and organizations that provide pro bono assistance. Good luck with that.

Related Topics

Child support modification

Either parent can request modification of a child support order due to changes in circumstances, such as different income or major changes in the child's needs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,462 answers this week

3,583 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,462 answers this week

3,583 attorneys answering