Pro Bono attorney needed for criminal defense- Oakland,CA area

Oakland, CA |

Arrested 30 days ago- Never read miranda rights- When family asked for warrent..we were told none was needed. Got bail reduced by 80% after spending 6 days in jail. Found out this is Insurance fraud matter (private long care disability) ... Judge lowered bail as I'm caring for someone with cancer. To date I have not seen evidence and have no clue about dates after having 3 surgeries and needed 2 additional. Please assist. Thank You.

PRO BONO-

Pro bono criminal defense = Office of the Public Defender.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

In Alameda County if you couldn't afford an attorney you were referred to the office of the public defender - you should call them and find out who your attorney is. Otherwise call the clerk's office to find our your next court date - you don't want to miss that, otherwise your bail will be forfeited and you will go back into custody. And try to pay attention in court next time.

Mr. Feasel is a former Deputy DA in the SF Bay Area with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

Dear Attorney Feasel, Thank you. Sorry I meant dates of incidents not court dates. Is it normal to have a PD and not have had a meeting yet regarding reason I am being charged?All I know is the PD has said they want this case to move very very slow. Thank You!

Chris J Feasel

Chris J Feasel

Yes your PD will get assigned and then once they have had the opportunity to look at the police reports they will talk to you about the case. If you want to speed up the process, hire an attorney.

As Ms. Mccall stated: if you cannot afford a criminal defense attorney, one should be appointed for you by the state. If you were arrested and jailed, I find it difficult to believe you did not have a public defender assigned to represent you. If you are having difficulty with your public defender, you can always request the court appoint someone else to represent you at government expense.

No attorney-client relationship is created by responding to any question on Avvo. Further, nothing contained in any response may be relied upon as legal advice.

Thank You!! I am curious and do not understand some people in court asked for a private lawyer to be assigned to them and not a Public Defender. Why is that? I was assigned a PD with 30 yrs. experience- and her husband is a criminal lawyer - over 32 yrs. so she sounds like a good one. Again thank you.