Priority date. Indian Citizen. EB2.

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Hi, I filed my Labor and I140. So my priority date is 2006. Now for some reason I had to leave USA and also left the job. Now I returned to USA on a H1b again. My new company is filing my GC.

My question was, when I file the GC, can I use the 2004 I140 priority date? As per that, for Indians EB2, its a current date. Once I get labor approved, can i use that date and get a GC quicker?

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

2

Answered . When you file a new I-140 you may recapture the oldest Priority Date you have on aqny other approved I-140.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Talk to the new company's lawyer about retaining the priority date.

This will be important. Apparently CIS is contacting employers with pending EB-2 cases from 2006/2007 as I write this. Our guess is that they are looking to 'remove' cases from the waiting list and are planning to move the priority date forward in August.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Only if the I-140 was approved.