Prior to closing on the house which was in my ex wifes name all of my posessions were stolen by her in excess of 20000.00

Pomeroy, OH |

can my ex wife be held liable for all my posessions being stolen?

1. If you have an agreement and during that process your property was taken by your wife then you may file a contempt against her or if you cannot prove who took it you may need to file an insurance claim, take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.