Prior 5 years ago

Asked over 1 year ago - Beverly Hills, CA

Prior 5 years old not on probation .06 bac DMV allredy granted stay of suspension now I got court case left if I'm offerd a wet or dry wreckless and I accept will dat trigger a suspension from DMV or court cause of prior?????? My prior dui had a high bac above .08 so I pleaded guilty and. Got all the usual punishment that comes with a dui. This ones only A .06

1. Michael Korry Bialys

6

Answered . If I were handling your case and in fact you were a .06 I really wouldn't take anything less than a dry. If you got a dry it would not trigger any suspension and unlike a wet, it's not priorable. You should call for a free consultation and strongly consider hiring counsel.

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

5

Answered . If the BAC is under .08 then there is no Administrative Per Se suspension action, unless you are under 21. This may be beatable all together. Many reputable DUI attorneys offer a free consultation. I highly recommend that you meet with at least one soon while the facts are still fresh in your mind.

3. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

5

Answered . With a 0.06 and wet or dry plea you will not have a license suspension. However both carry 2 points on your license. Also a wet is priorable just like a dui for 10 years so you would set yourself up for a 3rd if in 5 years or another second between 5 and 10 years. With a 06 you should consult an experienced DUI attorney in your area for advise. This may be a very defensible case. Need more information to determine that. You should not make any choices or decisions without consuting an attorney.

4. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

5

Answered . .06 is a great piece of information however in order to give you an opinion I would have to know much more. When is your court date from your citation? A dry reckless is not priorable as has been answered and I recommend that you speak to an attorney who is familiar with the charging practices of the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office. You can contact me through my website at:
    www.losangelesdefenders.com

5. Michael James Kennedy

Pro

4

Answered . Most low BAs are very fightable. There are administrative things now if you get a wet with a prior. You need to fight this thing, and with someone who knows a lot about DUIs - many supposed criminal lawyers know nothing about the ins and outs of DUI law, and they will accordingly con you into taking a wet or a dry - don't fall for either suggestion until you consult someone who knows this stuff and deals with your particular facts. A .06 where you run over the cop's foot right before you throw up on it could be a problem dor you; a .11 where you drive perfectly and show no signs of mental impairment would not be a problem..