Skip to main content

Print shop owner, have a customer not paying, billed in his name Joe Doe for work done for his corporation X. is he responsible

Alsip, IL |

the bills were paid for by the corp. but do we have legal recourse to him personally because he accepted past bills in his name and paid them?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    Potentially, yes. You can go after him individually if he's not observing corporate formalities. But you wouldn't necessarily want to -- his corporation probably has more money.

    I'd consider a suit for the amount owed.
    (773) 853-3062

    This answer is intended as informational only, and does not constitute legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship between us.

  2. A collection attempt by a lawyer may prove to be a cost effective approach.

    Louis T. Wierenga Assisting in mitigating your business and tax risks. E Twitter @LTWLAW The information provided is for general purposes only and should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.