Previous employer not giving exp letter

Richmond, VA |

hi
for my labor form my previous employer which was consultancy , that i joined when i was in my opt, i have my h1 with another employer , and for my green card my current employer asking exp. letter from previous company, but they are not giving me . i tried to have affidavit from my colleague, but as we are in different location,notary is not possible,

what are the other option

thanks

I've shared your question with Avvo's immigration law forum, where your question may be seen by more attorneys who practice in this area of the law.

twitter.com/MikaSpencer *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

Why isn't a notary possible? Your colleague does not need to be in the same location as you. Your colleague could be in another state or country - he would just need to get the affidavit notarized in front of a notary registered in that state or country.