Preventing identity fraud via a identify verification legal statement?

Murray, KY |

Can a legal statement be composed in relation to identity verification? For instance, a individual registering on a website can click a box saying some similar to, I verify that I am "john smith" and I understand that identity misrepresentation is identity fraud which is punishable under us law... etc. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know how to word it, but whether legally effective I think it would make someone think twice about saying they are someone else. I know there are services such as credit card identity verification, etc, but many people are not comfortable giving out this information. How would a statement like this be worded?

Sounds like you want some sort of custom disclaimer. There really is not a one size fits all for this sort of thing. We can draft something for you for a modest fee if you are interested.