Preventing a Restraining order

New York, NY |

I have a subordinate in my workplace who thinks i was screaming at her in a discussion we had abt work. i requested her to let me complete what i want to say and not to interrupt me. she still interrupted me and i have to speak little bit louder to finish what i wanted to say. she said that i was screaming at her and replied that i am not screaming at her. there are two other people in the same room and one of them supports me that i was not screming at her. i never spoke to the fourth person about this issues and i dont know her opinion. I did not talk to her since then. we work in the same room. After a week, i heard her talking to someone over the phone about getting a restraining order. i heard her saying that "he was aggressive". i dont know if it is abt me. what shld i do?

At this point there may not really be anything for you to do. In order for your subordinate to get a restraining order on you, you would have to be arresstted and charged with a crime. From what you describe I don't think that's likely.

She can't do much on the information you are providing. If that changes you should contact an attorney.

Scott Gross Esq
631 456 2326

This is not a solicitation nor is it legal advice. An attorney/client relationship has not been established. The Law Offices of Scott Gross, PC 631-456-2326

You should go to your boss or your human resources department to ask for a meeting to discuss the issue and try and resolve it before it gets to another level.

On those facts you should not worry about a restraining order. She would need to be the Michelangelo of legal draftsmanship to allege a crime.

This is an inter-office-HR matter.

Please note: My answers are not offered as legal advice specific to your legal issue. Rather, I try to answer questions by explaining scenarios and possibilities in order to clarify how you chose to proceed on your case or legal matter. Nicholas S. Dubrowsky, Esq. 153-01 Jamaica Ave., Suite 201 Jamaica, NY 11432 516.670.7088

I agree with Mr. Piccolo that you should go on record with your boss/HR about what transpired and what she has threatened. My fear is that she learns what is actually required to get an Order of Protection and embellishes her story. I would recommend starting a diary of any unusual interactions between you; it may help you in the future; as well as keeping note of what witnesses are present when there is any trouble.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website