Prevailing Wage for the University (non-profit) employee is different than a profit organization?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

In order to file for PERMANENT residency. Is there any difference in Prevailing Wage of a university employee than a profit organization employee?
My company has filed my PERM application on Eb-3, what should be the Prevailing Wage for Eb3 and eb2 categories?

Additional information

I am currently working as Software(Application) Developer.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree on the point that talking to the University immigration attorney would be the best course of action for you.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, there is. Talk to your company's immigration attorney who will be able to explain the difference and the PW categories as applicable to your case.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on what job you are talking about.

    Business manager, for example, must be paid the SAME in both industries.

    Talk to the school's immigration attorney.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,552 answers this week

2,626 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,552 answers this week

2,626 attorneys answering