Prevailing wage and H1B visa

Asked over 1 year ago - Boca Raton, FL

This is my 1st time applying for H1B visa. My employer is offering salary which is about 15% less than current prevailing wage/ hour in this area. What are my chances of getting this approve or shall I ask for the match?Appreciate your help!

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

Answered . Without the employer agreeing to pay the prevailing wage the chances of approval are zero. You attorney should be explaining this to you and if you don't have counsel, now would be the time to retainer an attorney. H-1B mistakes can be very expensive and sometimes impossible to correct.

2. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

4

1

Answered . You have to be paid100% of the prevailing wage.

3. Gintare Grigaite

4

1

Answered . No, the employer is required to pay 100% of the prevailing wage. Otherwise, it will be denied.

4. Akanksha Kalra

3

1

Answered . The offered salary must be 100% or higher of the prevailing wage otherwise the Labor Condition Application (LCA) will not be approved. H-1B and LCA related issues can often be complex so you should consult an immigration attorney to discuss this further.

One or more answers have been taken down.