Pressing sister for assault and battery, felony strangulation, and 2 disorderly conducts

Asked over 2 years ago - Green Bay, WI

I was hesitant on pressing charges, but now that I see that she has no remorse what so ever for her decisions, I am deciding to press charges. I was wondering, if she were found guilty of the following (assault and battery, felony strangulation, and 2 disorderly conducts) would she serve time, and if so approximately what would she be serving? Her lawyer (heresay from my mother) said that if I cooperate, she'll be let off with AA meetings, probation and maybe community service. But I want to testify. Also, should I wait to file a small claims suit against her (I want to file for income capacitation loss, or whatever it is called in legal terms, pain and suffering, and for the ambulance bill, along with any court costs). If I should wait, how long? Until after the criminal case is finished?

1. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . Do you really want to imprison and sue your sister? Sounds spiteful. She probably needs help and counseling. Here is a link to the Wisconsin Crime Victims Compensation site: http://www.doj.state.wi.us/cvs/CVCompensation/C....

2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

1

Answered . You may not "press charges" only the prosecutor.No one can asnwer your questions re when and what suit to file as , at a minimum, you say nothing about whe these events occurred.