Preparing a Formal Judgment-- Do I serve to OP?

Asked about 2 years ago - West Sacramento, CA

In his Tentative Decision, the judge asked me (petitioner pro per) to prepare judgment within ten days of Statement of Decision.

I Have those prepared but don't understand if I am to serve these to OP (my ex) as well as file them in the court, or just file them with the court.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

4

1

Answered . Whenever you file any documents with the Court, you must also have a copy served on the opposing counsel. The person to serve the documents must be at least 18 years old and not a party to the action.

Essentially, the judge asked you to prepare a "proposed" judgment with a proof of service indicating that you served a copy on the opposing party. If the opposing party does not object to the proposed judgment, then the Court will sign it, and you will receive a signed copy of your judgment in the mail--make sure you provide the court with a SASE. Good luck.