Prenuptial AND a postnuptial to 'cover ' something we forgot to in the prenup?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Prenuptial agreement

If we forget to include something in the prenuptial can the postnuptial address it separately? If we left out how we want to deal with some issue such as inheritances or pensions in the prenup can this issue be properly 'covered' in a postnuptial to 'complement' the prenuptial?

I would suggest rewriting the post nup and eliminating the pre nup. Inconsistencies will lead to excessive litigation and valuable marital resources will be wasted resolving them.

You can do a modification of the pre-nup.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

If possible use the same attorneys you did before.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are court documents , less expensive.

Recommended articles about Family law