Pregnant girlfriend

Asked 11 months ago - Charlotte, NC

what if my gf gets pregnant by me, do i have to marry her? what are the steps afterwards? i want her to get abortion but she does not want it. we are both over 18 years of age.

1. Ketan P. Soni

3

Answered . You don't have to marry her.
    You can't make her get an abortion.

-------- Original message --------

2. Katrina Louise Smith

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with the previous responses. No, you are not required to marry your pregnant girlfriend and you cannot force her to get an abortion. I would recommend that you talk to an experienced family law attorney so that you can receive pertinent information regarding child custody and child support laws.

3. Timothy M. Smith

Answered . You do not have to marry her. The steps afterwards are for you to man up and do your best to support this child. You have a legal and ethical responsibility to this child. If you are man enough to pay your fair share and participate in the upbringing of this child, your mistake could turn into one of the greatest things that ever happened to you. Trying to force her to have an abortion is cruel and unfair. This is as much your responsibility as hers. Also I suggest you limit your sexual activity to masturbation until you are married of have a job and have been in a relationship for at least 6 months. I see a lot of 25 year old's spending 1/2 there time in jail because they cannot support 4 children with an 11th grade education.

4. Myra Chack Fleischer

2

Answered . I agree with the prior answer. Please be aware that even though you can't make her get an abortion and you don't have to participate as the father you will be required to contribute financially if she asks the court to make you do so.