Pre-trial hearing for misdemeanor in a week...

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Collins, CO

I have a misdemeanor pre-trial hearing scheduled in a week. Because of my attorney's health issues, I may need to switch attorneys. As you can imagine, this is an agonizing position to be in. If I find out on Monday that my attorney will not be able to represent me, is it possible to secure another *good* attorney within a week? We have already had one continuance (for health reasons).

If I switch attorneys, what steps do I need to take?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . You will absolutely be able to find a new attorney if need be and frankly, if your attorney is unavailable, he or she ought to be able to obtain a continuance of your pre-trial conference to get healthy.

Talk to your attorney about your fears. He or she is supposed to help you through all of this process. Good luck!!

2. Brandon Uriah Luna

Pro

3

Answered . Fort Collins:

If you are looking for a good attorney in Fort Collins. I recommend trying the Leier Law Office. Kent Leier is one of a select few attorneys I would recommend after my experiences working in your area for just under 8 years. More importantly, former prosecutors like Kent can be up to speed and ready within 48 hours because or their experience handling thousands of criminal cases.

Brandon

3. Brian B. Boal

Pro

1

Answered . Agree with Mr. Luna and Mr. Deasy. As a former prosecutor myself, I suspect Kent Leier would be able to quickly get up to speed on your case as prosecutors are required to familiarize themselves with the facts of many new cases on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis.

4. John Lawrence Buckley

1

Answered . If the other suggestions don't work out, please consider calling Sarah Schielke. She is an outstanding litigator in Fort Collins. Her website is www.lifeandlibertylaw.com

Best of luck to you.