Pre-trial hearing for misdemeanor in a week...

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Collins, CO

I have a misdemeanor pre-trial hearing scheduled in a week. Because of my attorney's health issues, I may need to switch attorneys. As you can imagine, this is an agonizing position to be in. If I find out on Monday that my attorney will not be able to represent me, is it possible to secure another *good* attorney within a week? We have already had one continuance (for health reasons).

If I switch attorneys, what steps do I need to take?

1. 3

Answered . You will absolutely be able to find a new attorney if need be and frankly, if your attorney is unavailable, he or she ought to be able to obtain a continuance of your pre-trial conference to get healthy.

Talk to your attorney about your fears. He or she is supposed to help you through all of this process. Good luck!!

2. 3

Answered . Fort Collins:

If you are looking for a good attorney in Fort Collins. I recommend trying the Leier Law Office. Kent Leier is one of a select few attorneys I would recommend after my experiences working in your area for just under 8 years. More importantly, former prosecutors like Kent can be up to speed and ready within 48 hours because or their experience handling thousands of criminal cases.

Brandon

3. 1

Answered . Agree with Mr. Luna and Mr. Deasy. As a former prosecutor myself, I suspect Kent Leier would be able to quickly get up to speed on your case as prosecutors are required to familiarize themselves with the facts of many new cases on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis.

4. 1

Answered . If the other suggestions don't work out, please consider calling Sarah Schielke. She is an outstanding litigator in Fort Collins. Her website is www.lifeandlibertylaw.com

Best of luck to you.