Powerful aphrodisiac soup grounds for annulment?

Asked over 3 years ago - San Francisco, CA

My husband and I got married on a whim last month in Vegas. It was a huge mistake. It turns out my husband tricked me into eating a powerful aphrodisiac called “Soup #5” at an Asian restaurant shortly before we got married. I’m convinced this soup impaired my judgment. Is this grounds for annulment?

Here's more info about the soup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_Number_Five

1. Steven Alan Fink

Answered . If that soup really works you should market it. No court will grant an annulment on the basis of this soup. Even if it stimulated your desire to sleep with him, it did not impair your judgment and force you to marry him. You can file for a simple divorce and be rid of him in 6 months.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

2. Christopher Jay Harding

Answered . I would probably look for other grounds if you want an annulment... but divorce is certainly an option. A state normally has a public policy to validate marriages, hence annulments are hard to get except for extreme circumstances...

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice or forming any attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney in your jurisdiction before action in almost every case.