Skip to main content

Power of attorney after death

East Wenatchee, WA |

my friends mom passed away without a will,she does not have enough assets for probate,she has a mobile home, a car and a bank account,all three worth less than 10,000, i was wondering what form her daughter needs to get the home and car changed in her name and acess to her moms account.

My 25 year old nephew passed away suddenly and my sister needs to deal with his car and two checks that he had not yet cashed. How does she cash these checks and change the title on the car?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can probably handle this with a small estate affidavit. There is a pretty good explanation of this procedure at: . I am in no way affiliated with that web site, and I cannot vouch for the accuracy. I did a quick read through, though, and it looks pretty good. Good Luck

David C. Beyersdorf


Mobiles are considered personal property. If the land it is on is deeded to your freind's mom, then the small estate affidavit won't work.

David C. Beyersdorf

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer