Power of attorney after death

Asked over 6 years ago - East Wenatchee, WA

my friends mom passed away without a will,she does not have enough assets for probate,she has a mobile home, a car and a bank account,all three worth less than 10,000, i was wondering what form her daughter needs to get the home and car changed in her name and acess to her moms account.

My 25 year old nephew passed away suddenly and my sister needs to deal with his car and two checks that he had not yet cashed. How does she cash these checks and change the title on the car?

1. David Carl Beyersdorf

1

5

Answered . You can probably handle this with a small estate affidavit. There is a pretty good explanation of this procedure at: http://www.small-estate-affidavit.com/Small-Est... . I am in no way affiliated with that web site, and I cannot vouch for the accuracy. I did a quick read through, though, and it looks pretty good. Good Luck

David C. Beyersdorf

2. David Carl Beyersdorf

1

3

Answered . Mobiles are considered personal property. If the land it is on is deeded to your freind's mom, then the small estate affidavit won't work.

David C. Beyersdorf