Potential Risks involved on switching jobs with a pending I-140

Asked 10 months ago - San Mateo, CA

What are the potential risks involved someone switches jobs with a pending I-140. I know the green card process has to start afresh and that risks depend upon case-to-case but what other potential risks are there?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

6

1

Answered . Employer will terminate I-140 and you will have to start all over with the new employer.

2. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

2

Answered . I concur with Mr. Segal.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  3. Anu Gupta

Pro

Answered . You should file premium processing on the 140 and get it approved before you change employers. Once the case is approved, even if the employer cancels the petition, you can still use the date to port to another green card.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . The biggest risk is that, as you said, you need to start afresh.

The second risk is that the current employer may blackball you in the community for not being a loyal employee.