Potential error on K-1 petition need advice!

Asked about 1 year ago - Upper Marlboro, MD

ok basically me and my fiance submitted our K-1 petiton and we just got approved like last week should be at the consulate soon in mexico. We had found out after we sent the package that her first name was spelled wrong on all documents by 1 letter. Yes i no weird but before we filed she got a new birth certificate and they misspelled her name. she never notcied then she went to get a passport which was also spelled wrong per the birth certificate then we got a consultant to do our k-1 petition and he spelled her name wrong from the stuff we gave him. Then we mailed it. we found out later that it was wrong. should this be a problem? i mean at the interview they will see that all forms and credentials match up. shoulnt be a prob right? will they know she use to spell her name differenty?

1. Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski

5

Answered . Not a problem at all. They will make a correction at the interview.

Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski, Esq.
    I.S. Law Firm, PLLC
    1199 N Fairfax Street, Suite 702
    Alexandria, VA 22314
    (703) 527-1779
    ismail@islawfirm.com
    www.islawfirm.com

2. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You should be able to change it at the interview. It will be a good idea to come to the interview with an affidavit to explain the mistake. It is best to consult an immigration attorney.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Minor errors can be corrected at the interview