Postponed the original hearing at TVB/happauge for the 1st time, when would it be too late to contact a lawyer to wk on my case

Holtsville, NY |

This would be for a speeding traffic ticket. I postponed the hearing myself. Does this jeopardize my ability to get a lawyer?

A lawyer who handles a lot of traffic matters can cover most cases with only a few days notice. However, because there are major changes occurring at the Suffolk traffic court, you should talk with an experienced traffic lawyer as soon as possible. This is a difficult place to fight a ticket and having a knowledgeable attorney is definitely worthwhile.

Matthew Weiss, Esq. Weiss & Associates, PC 212-683-7373 www.nytrafficticket.com Since 1991, we make fighting traffic tickets as easy as possible.

No....you can contact any attorney. You should do so to allow the attorney to be prepared.
I am available should you wish to discuss the matter tomorrow.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

You have not jeopardized your ability to get an attorney by requesting an adjournment.

However, I would recommend you contact an attorney familiar with TVB as soon as possible to talk about taking on your case. Matters in TVB are typically win or lose with no reduction of charges or plea bargaining. A good advocate in your corner can make all the difference. In addition, in April the way that traffic tickets in Suffolk County are handled will be changing dramatically. An attorney can assist you with trying to get your hearing adjourned to a date that will offer you a better chance of avoiding fines, points and increased insurance premiums.

Daniel A Jimenez
Law Office of Daniel A. Jimenez
80 Orville Drive, Suite 100
Bohemia, New York 11716
631-244-1534

This communication is neither a solicitation nor an offer to represent you. The information provided to you in this communication is not intended to create and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the Law Office of Daniel A. Jimenez P.C.

No. Bring a local lawyer with you.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

No if you do this our office can associate the ticket with our account and you will not have to go to court.

no

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets