Post Judgment, father abandoned our children for over 9 years. C.S.S. decided to go after him, as revenge he wants rights

Asked over 1 year ago - Hemet, CA

Biological father abandoned both children in 2004 (for 9 years). My children and I have been with my current husband since 2003. He opened an adoption case in 2008 and we were granted and received an Order for Freedom of Custody and Control January 9, 2009. With the help of Child Support, biological father sent me a petition for Modification of the current standing order dated April of 2004, granting me full legal and physical custody of both children and he supervised visitations for refusal to take drug screens. But we have the Order for Freedom from Custody and Control dated after our last court Judgment. Do I have grounds for dismissal? After all these years Child support opened a can of worms going after Bio and he is now furious and wants revenge!

1. Nadine Marie Jett

2

1

Answered . It seems you need to complete the adotion. Once the children are adopted, the biological father has no rights, none, to requests vistitation.
    The past due support, is still owed. Any support order in effect, is owed up until the moment teh children are adopted.
    If the past due child support is nonwelfare, you can agree to waive it.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . Yes, Nadine is on the money, finish the adoptions

3. Debra Vaniman Crawford

Pro

Answered . You need to look at the "order" carefully to see if it is actually an order. If it is he should have no rights or obligations.