Post Divorce changes and litigation. I'm going through a modification of parenting time. My husband and I divorced in 2008

We have 2 children together ages 4,5. We agreed to shared parenting, with the kids spending one week with me and one week with my ex. Since our divorce some substanioal changes have occured, so I filed a petition for modification of parenting time. In our divorce decree my ex was said to have to provide health insurance for the kids, since he gets it through his job at no cost. Well my ex just served me with a motion for temporary relief, stating that "Wife has available a health, hospitalization, and major medical policy and should be required to cover Husband and the children under this policy, during the pendency of this proceeding. Wife should cooperate and convert for husband all rights under COBRA. 'm confused about this because we are already divorced.

Bradenton, FL -

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Family Law Attorney - Winter Park, FL

He is trying to make you crazy. Get an attorney and go after him for fees also. Does he have an attorney? He has COBRA rights for up to 36 months after the divorce, but he has to pay for them.

Lucreita D. Becude

Lucreita D. Becude

Family Law Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

If he wants COBRA he can do so but he will have to pay. You are divorced. Secondly not sure if you are stating he has an attorney or not. In order to squash his action you need to hire an attorney. You have children involved and there are no do overs. Since he has his girlfriend in his house, you can ask that the children not be exposed to his affairs. Ask for supervised visits to protect these innocent children. Also he should be paying more than the amount you stated for child support. Ask for an increase ASAP.

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Chicago, IL

I agree with the sage observation of Attorney Morcraft. This dispute wil take a skilled attorney so hire (her) one.