Skip to main content

Possibly receiving a GOMAR CW2 17 years svc first look April is my retirement lost also?

Colorado Springs, CO |

The Command is still deciding on the type of reprimand

Attorney Answers 4


You should consult with TDS or a civilian military law attorney to discuss:
Your rebuttal to any GOMR, that will include addressing the filing decision.
Should the GOMR reach your record and HRC then there is potential jeopardy for an administrative elimination. You have less than 18 years service. There has been a policy of keeping people with 18+ to allow them to reach retirement.;; 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

4 lawyers agree


Contact TDS or an experienced military law attorney to draft your rebuttal. There are many of us on this site that have dealt with this issue.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I concurr with the answers you have received. If you receive a GOMAR you need to consult with military defense counsel or experienced civilian counsel to assist you in drafting your rebuttal. Further adminstrative action on the part of the command may depend on the characterization of the GOMAR. You should not hesitate to ask for additional time to draft your response. Military Counsel can do that for you.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You have recieved some good advise here from my colleges. There is a lot at stake here for you and you should not proceed without cousel. I recommend looking for a local attorney who has military experience, this will not be hard to find in Colorado Springs or along the front range.

Donald at Robinson and Henry, PC at (303) 688-0944 or The above information is provided to you “AS IS,” does not constitute legal advice and we are not acting as your attorney. Because we do not have a full view of the facts in providing the above information we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case and the information provided to you may not be an appropriate fit in your case. Nothing here is provided or should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. This postings is for educational and information purposes only, not legal advice or legal opinions. The information is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship between the author and you.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics