Skip to main content

Possibly a False Police Report to be filed

Woodbridge, VA |

We were at a Concert on Saturday when a bunch of "punks" were sitting right in front of us (they did NOT pay for the seats) were trying to jump one by one over barrier. My boyfriend and I didn't mind b/c it wasn't affecting us until one of them mouthed off my BF got up and verbal altercation exchanged and then the one guy threw a punch at my BF - their group was taken up by the gate and found out several did not have tickets and were ejected.

The girl in the group claims my BF hit her which is a LIE and we have two witnesses to include an undercover Detective. She told the stadium police she wanted to file charges and they told her she would have to file them with the court.

Question - when she does can we file "false police report charges" and sue her for defamation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Did she get your boyfriend's information? She's going to have to have his name and address to file a warrant for assault. If she does do so, make sure he talks to a lawyer immediately and not to anyone else about the charges. A lawyer will be able to gather the witnesses necessary to defend the charge.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.



Yes he had to turn over his information to her but we were not allowed to have her information. Since this is def. a false allegation and we will have to hire attorney to protect his good name we should be able to sue correct? Even if he is found Not-Guilty that will still be on his record. The only way for it not to be on his record is if it is dismissed correct or do we have to get it expunged? Again all of this is based on her going to the courts and I hope for her sake she "sobered up" and realized she is making a grave mistake by doing this. BTW - the officers at the stadium said they were all annoying and very disruptive but they could not stop her from going and filing if she wanted.


It does not sound like anything has happened yet, and so likely nothing will. IF charges are brought, hire a criminal defense attorney at once. False report is a crime, and yes you can also file suit. You can consult a criminal defense attorney now, or you can wait.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer