Possible outcomes of Harassment in the 2nd degree and Endangering the welfare of a child?

Asked over 1 year ago - Leicester, NY

I am facing harassment in the 2nd degree and endangering the welfare of a child. I want to first say I dd not comit the crimes they are charging me with. I have a clean background never been in trouble. I am even going to college to work with kids! I was just looking for some information about what I could possibly be getting out of this. I am waiting for my court date and from there I have been told I can get a public defender. But any information could help. Thank you in advance!!

1. Latrice Vinell Campbell

3

1

Answered . You need to hire a defense attorney to help assist you with a defense and negotiate a plea on your behalf. The maximum that you can get for harassment in the second degree 240.26 is 15 day jail time. For endangering the welfare of a child the maximum you can get is one year in jail.

2. Richard Javon Washington

2

1

Answered . Harassment in the 2nd Degree is a violation - not a crime; but Endangering the Welfare of a Child is a misdemeanor that carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail. However, you should receive a favorable plea offer from the DA if you don't have a criminal record. That being said, if you are innocent and this arrest my impact your future work with kids, you should explain this to your lawyer and discuss with him/her your options.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . The endangering charge is the more serious. The max is 1 year jail, 3 years probation and a $1,000 fine.