POSSIBLE MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASE??????????

Jackson, TN |

HI MY NAME IS NATASKI MOTHER OF JAMARION. MY SON IS 5 YRS OLDS AND HE HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH Unspecified reduction deformity of lower limb, congenital, Scoliosis associated with other conditions Genu valgum (acquired) Juvenile osteochondrosis of lower extremity, excluding foot HE HAS BEEN SEEING HIS PEDIATRICIAN SINCE HE WAS 3 MONTHS AND SHE HAS NEVER POINTED OUT ANYTHING UNTIL JULY 23 OF THIS YEAR. I HAVE MENTIONED TO HER BEFORE ABOUT HIS FEET AND KNEES BUT SHE DIDNT REFER HIM TO SEE ANYONE. THE ORTHOPEDIC SAID HIS SPINE HAS BEEN CURVED SINCE BIRTH AND SHE PUT HIM IN A BOOT BECAUSE HE WAS LIMPING. ONE LEG IS SHORTER THAN THE OTHER WHICH CAUSES MORE PRESSURE ON THE LEG. HIS FEET IS FLAT AND HE CANT STAY ON THEM FOR LONG BECAUSE HIS FEET GET IMFLAMMED. HIS HIPS ARE UNEVEN. HAS MY SON BEEN LIMPING FOR 5 YRS? HAVING FOOT PAIN FOR 5 YEARS? SPINE CURVED FOR 5 YEARS. HIPS UNEVEN FOR 5 YEARS? THE BOOT COULDVE BEEN PUT ON WHEN HE STARTED WALKING INSTEAD OF 5 YRS LATER AND SHE IGNORED THE FACT WHEN I POINTED OUT HIS KNEES AND FEET EARLIER IN THE YEARS. THE PEDIATRICIAN THAT SEEN HIM WHEN HE WAS BORN UP UNTIL HE WAS 3 MONTHS IS A DIFFERENT LADY. SHE NEVER POINTED OUT HIS CURVED SPINE AND A PEDIATRICIAN TOLD ME YOU CAN FEEL WITH YOUR FINGERS AND NOTICE AT BIRTH. I WANT TO KNOW DO I HAVE A CASE WITH THE HOSPITAL AND THE 2 PEDIATRICIANS?

1. It is possible, but in order to know whether you have a case a doctor has to review the records and opine that that the doctor fell below the minimum competency of a doctor in the field and as a result your son suffered additional injuries that are permanent and serious that he would not have suffered had he been diagnosed properly in the first place. From what you indicated it sounds as though your son was born with certain medical problems. Whether the doctor is at fault in some why is unclear from your narrative. Why don't you see a medical malpractice attorney and find out if you have a case. Good luck.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think. www.schnitzerlaw.net

2. You need to talk with a local malpractice attorney because your son's medical records have to be reviewed by an expert to determine if there was malpractice.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

3. Even we're a medical mistake identified, your son's complex congenital medical issues would still likely be unresolved. Yes, a brace might have already been placed. But scoliosis braces are usually something that lasts for years and years until they are teenagers when surgery can be performed on their back. But the complexity of your son's situation also makes it impossible to render a quick legal opinion in this forum. You should visit with a TN attorney and discuss all the details.