Possible jail time for second 2nd degree theft WA criminal law, no prior convictions

Asked about 6 years ago - Bellingham, WA

possible jail time for theft 2 with no prior criminal convictions.

theft 2 3cts what is possible jail time

1. Timothy John Leary

Pro

2

13

Answered . In Washington State, felony sentencing ranges are set by the legislature. There is a grid that establishes the range by factoring the seriousness of the crime and the defendant's felony criminal history.

Theft in the Second Degree is a Class C Nonviolent Felony in Washington State. It is a level I offense [1 to 16 with 16 being the most serious.] It is not a strike offense for the purpose of the three strikes law.

If convicted of Theft in the Second Degree the standard range is 0 to 60 days in the county jail for someone with no prior convictions. Work release, electronic home detention, and community service are also all potential options.

A charge of felony theft is a very serious allegation. It is very important that you speak with an attorney who has extensive felony experience. The outcome depends on facts and the abiliy of the attorney to vigourously represent your interests.

I would be happy to discuss the matter further with you.

Tim Leary
    Sherman & Leary PLLC
    http://www.shermanleary.com
    206-382-2401

2. Aaron A Pelley

2

6

Answered . To learn more about theft you can read the information article below.