Possible issues at POE...H1B is stamped in Dec going to US in Mar.

Frisco, TX |

Hi,
I received great help from this forum.
Currently I am serving notice period in my current co.till 5th Mar.
My H1B is stamped on 17 Dec and I am going to Us in first week of Mar.
I have a letter from employer stating my employment will start on arrival in US. And my project is an inhouse project.
Will there be any issue at POE as I am coming so late after I got stamping?
How to deal with the situation?

1. 3 months isn't "so late".

You should be fine.

To confirm, talk to the lawyer that did the H papers.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. I agree with my colleague

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. It depends on how old the letter from the employer is. If recent, absent any other issues, there should be no problem.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.