Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

I was arrested with possession on the 7th in NY, pled guilty to Disorderly Conduct, can you still inadmissible even thought you were never convicted of possession on the 7th?, then if I travel I will
have problem at POE even thought I pled guilty to Disorderly Conduct?......
I'm very confused now.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am confused as well. What do you mean by "possession on the 7th"?

    Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response... more
  2. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Disorderly Conduct is not a crime in New York and will not hurt your immigration.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was... more
  3. William Gaston McLean III

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Disorderly conduct conviction is likely not a crime involving moral turpitude. If it is, it will most likely fall in petty offense exception. Possessiom is a crime involving moral turpitude but you were not convicted. I do.not expext problems at POE based on these facts.

  4. Mani Khavajian

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Depends on what the original charge was. I strongly suggest that you not leave the the U.S. before consulting with an immigration attorney.

    This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now