Polygraph's in NJ for civil court and municipal court

Asked 8 months ago - Hillsborough, NJ

If I pay to have a polygraph done on myself, can it be used in family court? can it be used as evidence to support my claims to government agency's of what has happened to my daughter? Anyone know of any case laws that permitted this? any case laws permitting a minor to come to court and talk to the judge in chambers?

1. Amy B. Hansel

1

Answered . You can request that the child be interviewed "in camera" (in the judge's chambers). Also if there is some type of abuse or neglect, you should get your daughter involved in therapy.

2. Samuel Cohen

2

1

Answered . I have never heard of a polygraph being used for admissible evidence in court in NJ. I know of many situations where a child has been permitted to testify in chambers.

3. Raymond Andrew Grimes

Pro

Answered . You would have to do it by consent.