Skip to main content

Polygraph's in NJ for civil court and municipal court

Hillsborough, NJ |

If I pay to have a polygraph done on myself, can it be used in family court? can it be used as evidence to support my claims to government agency's of what has happened to my daughter? Anyone know of any case laws that permitted this? any case laws permitting a minor to come to court and talk to the judge in chambers?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I have never heard of a polygraph being used for admissible evidence in court in NJ. I know of many situations where a child has been permitted to testify in chambers.

We can be reached at 215-545-2201 The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


You can request that the child be interviewed "in camera" (in the judge's chambers). Also if there is some type of abuse or neglect, you should get your daughter involved in therapy.

This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney/client relationship nor is there any guarantee that this advice will be completely effective in a court of law. A consultation, including review of court orders and other documents is necessary in order for me to give you proper advice and guidance.


You would have to do it by consent.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.



there is no way the advocate would concent to this. it would be detrimental to their case as well as possibly bring forward criminal charges against this advocate for child endangerment.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer